Monday, November 17, 2008

Following Directions and Making Observations

This weekend Ellie was whining and stumbling around the kitchen. I guessed that she was hungry. I said, Ellie do you want to eat? Go get your highchair. A few beats later, she returned from the den (next to the kitchen, where we keep the high chair) pushing her high chair.

She also brought me her coat when I told her it was time to go bye-bye.

And when I asked her for Leo's Pull-up, she brought it to me.

She is only allowed her paci when in her crib. Overnight it usually pops out of her mouth and lands on the floor under her crib. Every night before bed she runs into her room and crouches down to search for a escaped paci. She remembers exactly where it will be.

In the car she had a bag of Veggy Booty. I asked her to give Leo some and she did.
I'm amazed by how much she understands and remembers.

This morning Leo was eating his oatmeal and spotted my umbrella sitting next to my purse on the kitchen table. Our conversation went like this:

Leo: "Whassat?" he asked (his favorite question of late), pointing to the umbrella.

"That's an umbrella," I answered.

A few beats later:

Leo: "Rain."

I love watching Leo's mind work.

No comments: