Once again, excuse Leo's dirty face. Why do I always take pictures after dinner?
Luckily for Leo, it's pretty tough (OK, I'll say, it's impossible!) to make Leo NOT cute. And I'm not just saying that--I wrote a note to Leo's teacher about the haircut (I felt the need to say something lest she think we did that to him on purpose). She's the one who reminded me of the impossibility of not being cute.
Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for the other person in this picture. And I'm totally not fishing here, guys. I'm just stating how I feel. It's a b-o-r-i-n-g haircut. I'm not sure what I was hoping for. A green streak? Some kind of hair statement? Oh well. I said it about Leo and I'll say it about me: It's just hair.
4 comments:
I think you're BOTH adorable. I have the same boring haircut by the way. (as you, not as Leo!)
I have ROOTS as long as your hair -- does that make you feel better??
hair. i'm obsessed. particularly since the whole thing about people with DS not having curly hair.
re: portland
we didn't eat at laughing planet, some place with great tomato soup, i don't recall the name. and a breakfast place called "gravy," across the street from flutter, that was amazing. there was a store on mississippi that sold salt and chocolate. you're in brooklyn, right? where such things abound? well, not so in phoenix. i was in awe.
i will definitely write more about portland. have you ever heard of "mississippi mud", a literary magazine started there? i was in portland for a sad reason: one of my best friends from college was the longtime companion of the publisher, a wonderful guy named joel weinstein, who died last year. the oregon humanities council did a tribute to him last week.... but i couldn't mix that in with that last post, if you know what i mean.
sorry, that was a very long comment! and i will feel terrible if i just dropped a bomb about someone you know/knew. portland strikes me as the same kind of small town as phoenix is, where such coincidences happen all the time.
You both look great! Boring haircuts are not a bad thing.
You both look great - not boring on either of you! My daughter is 17 mo old and I have had exactly ONE haircut in the last 20 months so you can imagine what bad actually looks like :)
Post a Comment