Monday, March 2, 2009

In Like a Lion, Indeed

I'm not sure if the snow was unexpected to everyone (yesterday at Ellie's music class her teacher told us to "have fun in the snow" and I was all, wha..."?). Then I went home and checked the forcast. In any event, we're having a little March blizzard here. In case anyone was confused it's decidely still winter. New York City schools were even closed, the first time in five years they're saying. All told, NYC could get a foot and even more where we are.

No shock of course, the kids' daycare is closed too, so I am home.

It's a quiet day. It's been a quiet weekend here at Chez Green Snot. Spirits are high but mucus is flowing freely and so we've been laying low in the hopes of beating the relentless cold and congestion. Rest is good.

We're watching "Horton Hears a Hoo" while Ellie naps. She's such a little sweetie sometimes. How did I know it was nap time? She lay right down on the living room rug and covered herself with her blankie.

I'm considering taking Leo outside to play in the snow but it's so windy the snow is blowing sideways, so not certain how fun that would be. But he's a little top today (energy on overload) so we'll have to do something.

No comments: