Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Day

"Go pick out your clothes," I heard Erin call to Leo this morning. She blessedly let me sleep a few minutes later than usual and had motivated Leo to get ready, cheerily, as only she can do.

"He has to wear green!" I prompted anyone within earshot. Erin repeated my fashion "suggestion" to Leo.

"Oh YEAH!" agreed Leo, as though grateful for the reminder. I have to say, they do an absolutely fabulous job at school of indoctrinating those kiddos with all the holidays. And to think, I was worried there would be a struggle over the fact that he owns no green Super Hero shirts (I remind you that's all he'll wear these days--yesterday there was an all out war over the fact that his beloved Bat Man shirt was in the laundry--the horrors!). But would you look at that? He happily arrived at my bedside, minutes later, clad in an adorable green plaid button down. All grins, and full of Irish pride.
StPatricksDayEllie
Sorry, no pictures of Leo. But Ellie got into the spirit too. Yesterday I told her she had to wear green today or someone would pinch her. She gasped and her jaw dropped, her mouth forming the shape of a concerned little "O."

***
In other news, Leo's teacher wrote something lovely in his communication book yesterday:
"Leo did something so nice today! When he was getting off the bus it was raining, so he insisted Chloe [one of his bus buddies] get under his umbrella. So sweet!"

Aww. And also, I guess that balances out the other note I received, about how he got in trouble for crashing into Mrs. B (on purpose) with his scooter at P.E.

Hey, you take the good, you take the bad, right?

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

Edited to add:

Of course! Green Lantern! Thank you, dear readers. Next year, Leo. I promise.

2 comments:

jonashpdx said...

Happy st. paddy's!

For next year, you should get Leo this one:
http://www.superherostuff.com//green-lantern/t-shirts/green-lantern-flying-toddler-t-shirt.html?itemCd=tsglflyflamelogo

I'll have to get Archer this one (green arrow/archer -- sometimes it's just too easy to hit the nail on the head like that):
http://www.superherostuff.com/dc-heroes-and-justice-league/t-shirts/green-arrow-kids-brave-and-bold-t-shirt.html?itemCd=tsgakidsbrvbld

Cate said...

isn't there a Green Hornet movie coming out soon? there must be some merchandise for that, you'll be set next year.

thanks for putting the Facts of Life theme song in my head.