Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Catch-Up Part 1


We're plugging along over here. I can't believe it's already August and that back to school is around the corner. I think Leo is ready and has been ready for a while. As much as he loves that the bus "brings him home" (the summer school bus, that is, though that ended weeks ago--here's proof of just how behind posting I am) he is a Routine Guy, as well as a guy who needs to be busy. It hasn't been easy for me to keep him as occupied as he might like to be lately (for obvious reasons). Looking at you Harry and Lucy.

But there has been plenty of fun this summer, much of it close to home and backyard related (see above). Nobody seems to mind.

Let's see. What have I been up to?

Well, I went to Costco last week. I didn't buy much, as you can see, as there is not much room to fit anything, even in these ginormous, super-sized warehouse worthy carts.

I made these for Leo's birthday.


I know. Many of them look like Dora has a mustache.

I'm not normally this ambititious when it comes to baking but we kept asking Leo what he wanted for his big day and he would literally answer either "scrambled eggs!" or "Dora cupcakes!" (he saw the recipe on a segment on Nick Jr., the children's television station). The day I made them was a bit of a comedy of errors. Erin took the day off from work and took the big kids out to lunch while I stayed home for Operation Cupcakes. I would get the babies sleeping and literally the second I got to a crucial step in the process, one of them would fuss. Lucy whined through most of the face decoration portion, while Harry cried during the hair. Needless to say that cupcakes were finished, far from perfect, but there was one mighty pleased, newly minted seven-year-old boy who enjoyed every bite.

Oh looky. Babies awake. What a shock. Anyway, I'm alive! I wrote something.

More soon.

1 comment:

krlr said...

Those cupcakes made my night!