Such a shame her big sister isn't head over heels crazy for her.
Kidding, of course. That Lucy has Ellie wrapped around her finger already, this much is clear.
And since Lucy doesn't believe in naps, she was front and center for Ellie's little turkey project yesterday.
I have a hard time keeping Ellie occupied some days. A lot of days, really. She's been in daycare full-time since she was six months old. This time at home has been an adjustment for everyone. "I just want to go where you go," she says to me when I go downstairs to switch clothes from the washer to the dryer or...try to go to the bathroom. Alone.
This little turkey project came to me in a panic when I could not say no to TV again nor could I fetch another snack. "How about a Thanksgiving project!" I suggested, in my most energetic voice. "Yes!" Ellie agreed wholeheartedly.
I'd say it was a hit for all involved.
Ellie was so excited to show Leo her "project" when he got home from school. He immediately wanted to make his own turkeys.
He busted out with these, tracing his own hand all by himself, without even being told how to do it.
He's clearly a veteran of Thanksgiving crafts, having been successfully indoctrinated on the delicate ins and outs of turkey hand tracing.
3 comments:
LOVE turkey hands! It's not the holidays till I see some. If I were more organized there would've been dated, framed Fancy Hands, but alas, no. I will enjoy yours instead.
Aww, I love them all! And did Lucy have a growth spurt or is that she just looks much more wee when compared to Harry and right here she's not next to him? Regardless, she's looking quite The Mature these days. :)
I love your turkeys, Leo!!!
Love, Aunt Nance
Post a Comment