Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012: Part Two

A while ago I read a wonderful description of twins. It described them as a "funny sort of abundance."MothersDay2012 copy copy
Jane Roper (who also has a new book out that looks interesting) writes:

"With twins, you've got not just one smiling face to get all googly-eyed at, but two. Two pairs of feet to nibble on. Two tiny butts to lower into the tub. Two different-feeling but equally satisfying bundles of baby to hold in your arms. How lucky you are! How overjoyed by this excess of beautiful, bouncing baby-ness! But at the same time, you're a little overwhelmed. Maybe even slightly stressed out. The way you might be at a big brunch buffet, a great museum, or a really good used bookstore. Where do you start? How do you choose? How do you make sure you don't miss anything?"
LouHarry0512 copy
Talk about abundance. I guess two + twins is what? A hilarious sort of abundance? Ridiculous? All I know is, we've had four for almost a year and I still look at them almost single every day and can't quite believe they're all here. And that they need me to make them dinner every single night.
splendorinthegrass0512 copy copy
I am very, very grateful. And have much to celebrate.

No comments: