Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Remind Me Not to Take These Twins Out of State Again Until They're Four: Trip to Mystic, 2013

Oh, I kid. We all had a good time.

Jul 10, 2013, 4:49 PM
There may have been one small girl who spent much of the time a bit cranky.

Jul 11, 2013, 4:16 PM
Have I mentioned Lucy turned two? And now officially hates strollers and holding your hand when walking?
Jul 11, 2013, 4:15 PM

It's taken me a while to figure this out, but I've come to realize that when you have four kids, the odds that someone is going to be irritated about something or unhappy with a situation is almost inevitable. Of course when they're all happy At Once I feel especially proud and revelatory. And it does happen. At least, so I'm told.

I fear her swagger.
See? Totally recovered.

Jul 10, 2013, 2:40 PM

Jul 11, 2013, 4:13 PM
Truthfully, our annual trip to Mystic, Connecticut was just fine. Fun, even! When we weren't fighting with Lucy to sit in the stroller or hold a hand when walking. And in spite of the Miniature-Time-Bombs-Off-Their-Nap-Schedule-Known-As-Two-Year-Old-Twins, we partook in the usual things we love about Mystic: boat climbing, beluga watching, lobster roll eating and hotel pool swimming. (Please note: I am choosing not to disclose what happened on Thursday, between the hours of midnight and 2 a.m. Let's just leave it at, I now know what it's like for someone to sleep with their body draped across your throat. And yes, I'm looking at  you, Lucy).

Jul 11, 2013, 4:13 PM

Jul 11, 2013, 4:11 PM
She's momentarily in control so of course, she's thrilled.

Jul 11, 2013, 4:12 PM
As the big kids like to say, Harry "blew his mind" looking at all the boats at the Mystic Seaport (although I think in this picture he was actually taken by the sound of a passing truck-that boy is in loooove with all things vehicle and mechanical).

Jul 10, 2013, 4:51 PM
What happens when Lucy is contained in the medieval torture device stroller. She kicks. Me. A lot.

This year we were lucky enough to have extended family along to join us: Grandma Jerry and niece/cousin Brandy.
Jul 10, 2013, 4:48 PM
I hope we didn't embarrass them too much.

After a long day of wrangling uncooperative toddlers exploring seaports and children's museums and aquariums and waterfronts, I can think of only one thing: All hail the intoxicating benefits of the hotel room television and Disney Jr. Room-service wine is also helpful (for the moms).
All hail hotel room tv after a long day of "vacation."
I can't think of a better end to a day with four kids on vacation a trip.

Jul 10, 2013, 3:23 PM
And as I like to say whenever we manage to leave the house: cue the theme to Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey!


No comments: