Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Art Camp, Rare Treat


Last week Ellie went to art camp. I was pretty sure she would enjoy it. And luckily, she did.


Untitled
Just plain proud. As she should be.

On the last day of camp, they invited parents to attend a "show," exhibiting all the campers' work. The theme for the week was "Art Time Machine."
Untitled

Untitled
Inspired by Medieval coat of arms shield (guess which one is Ellie's).

Untitled
Ellie's, bottom right.

Untitled
Inspired by Egyptian Hippo, watercolor

Untitled
Inspired by Monet

Untitled
Colisseum, pastel

Untitled
Kandinsky circles, oil pastel

Untitled
Byzantine paper mosaic

Untitled
Matisse collage, tissue paper (originally reported by Ellie, to be "toilet paper"). Ha.

Untitled
After the art "opening," I took Ellie out for frozen yogurt at one of those shmancy places where "top it yourself" Swedish fish and Sour Patch Kids reside alongside chopped strawberries and plump blueberries.

It was a rare treat, a little Mommy and Ellie only, outing. And yes, I even sat next to her in one of those tiny chairs (see above). Per her request, of course.

I remember my mom seemed to always take me out for a treat after events like this. She used to joke, "It's not complete unless we go out and eat a little something afterwards!"

Untitled
Ellie's topping motto: Never Enough. And the more gummy bears (or gummy anything, really) the better.

The girl knows what's good.


No comments: