Monday, June 30, 2008

Clinique Bonus Time




I cleaned out my drawers this weekend (more on that riveting topic later). I found a couple of old cosmetic bags, the ones they give you when you purchase a Clinique Bonus. Fans of Clinique makeup are familiar with this racket/promotion. You spend a certain amount of money and you get a few travel sized versions of a variety of Clinique products: lotion you never wear, lipstick that isn't your color. Yet you have to have it (I suppose I speak for myself here). And you spend the money just to get it. My mom was a sucker for these. She always found a reason to "need" a Clinique product around the time the Bonus was going on. She always had way too many of these little cosmetic bags. Over the years I inherited her extras until finally, I got all of them. What's funny is, I'm not a big make-up person and neither was my mom. There was just something so festive about these little travel sized items.

Ellie is very interested in the art of putting things inside of things (drawers, boxes, bags) and taking them out. I guess it's just a typical developmental stage but for some reason I find it adorable (what can I say, I'm her mother). In cleaning out my drawers this weekend I found this (see photos) old Clinique bag and had planned on throwing it away, but then realized it might be a fun thing for Ellie to play with. Last night I put some cards inside it and she had thirty minutes of fun taking the cards in and out, trying to close the zippered pouch, holding it by its handle. At one point it even looked like she was carrying a little purse. I wish her Grandma could see her with her little Clinique Bonus bag. She would be so proud.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Bonus time is such a racket. Have you noticed how they intentionally price their stuff so that you always have to buy something extra to get the freebie? I wised up years ago. The bags ARE cute, though...hard to resist sometimes! Good job on putting yours to use entertaining the kid.

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of clinique skin care products and my recent purchase from Nordstrom Clinique Bonus Time November was my best deal ever. I got a gift value of $80 just for the purchase of $28. Isn't it great!! :)