I love fall. I really do. In some ways it feels like New Year to me. New beginnings, opportunities, possibilities, chances to start over, make good changes. And the weather is so much nicer than it is in January.
A few goings on to note:
-Leo starts back to school (no more full-time daycare) tomorrow. The little yellow bus will start coming for him again. And we will take our annual First Day of School Stand By the Tree Out Front Photo.
-Ellie started in the Big Kid (aka toddler room) yesterday. I know I am silly but I was sort of emotional about it. I went to put her food away and forgot that she no longer has a little shelf in the cabinet. Her name tag was gone. Of course I know that she's ready for this. She’s not a baby anymore (newsflash!). Leo was a baby for so much longer it seemed (I guess because he didn’t walk until he was two). This whole Ellie-baby thing went by so so fast for me. She reportedly had a great first day as a Big(ger) Kid. She took a nap on a cot. She played on the playground where she drove a small car and enjoyed pushing the push toys around. That’s my girl. She was also out of her mind with exhaustion by the time I picked her up at 6:30. That’s what going down to one nap does to a little one who is used to two (they are going to let her take two today).
-Operation Potty Train Leo is starting up in force tomorrow. Wish us all luck.
I leave you with two photos from the weekend. Our babysitter/dog sitter/friend MaryAnn brought over new puppy, Angie. Leo was in love (pay no mind to the blue lip liner lips—he’d just had a rather messy Popsicle experience.)
And, the biker chick.
I hope everyone else’s Fall/Back to School transitions are going smoothly and happily.
No comments:
Post a Comment