Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Heart Day


This was what our kitchen table looked like last night, much like the homes of families across the country, I imagine. Side note: There are FOUR Davids in Leo's class. That must get confusing.

I went with last year's leftover Elmos. Not too creative, I know but honestly, at their age, does anyone really even look at the valentines? I found this cool looking set at Tarjet a few weeks ago. They're all vintagey.



I think I'll save them for when the kids are a little older (who am I kidding? that's when they are actually going to care and not want my cool vintagey valentines). Anyway, they're punch out cards with little envelopes that you have to "make" (tape together). They are based on images from Little Golden Books, which I love.


These are the valentine themed art projects Ellie brought home. They had asked for a milk cartoon a few weeks ago and this strange little creature above is the result. I expected it would be for a mailbox for the valentines but...no. One of the cards was quite sweet, it was signed "To Mama Erin and Mama Maya." And I am always a sucker for anything with a hand print.

And of course, a holiday wouldn't be complete without me trying to get a group shot. Excuse Leo's evil red eye. Stupid iPhoto doesn't fix demon eyes very well (or maybe it's my lack of photo editing skills). By the way, I am all about the dressing up for whatever holiday it is. I realize the actual day is tomorrow but Leo is having a party at his school today (Ellie's was yesterday) and it's Valentine's Eve and there's no school tomorrow to dress up for, so there you go.



When he feels like it, Leo can really pose. Here he's doing his best to get his arm around Ellie. Most times she wants nothing to do with it.

Here's the best picture I could get of Ellie's Valentine's jeans. And if you squint you can kind of make out the heart buckle.

Whatever, Ellie. Look at hammy little Leo here in his Valentine (OK, it's a red t-shirt) outfit.

And me? I look forward all year to the day I get to wear these:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you had a happy valentines day! Holiday socks are a great idea -- way better than the heart tee shirt I bought at Target, which did not fit right at all. (For $4, I'm not surprised.)

I hope Ellie's ear infection is gone.