Monday, February 9, 2009

The Sleeping Pretzel and At Long Last, a Pony!

Sleep continues to be touch and go around here.

We've had some middle of the night wake-ups, but not too bad (knock on wood).

I still contend that the two hooligans meet nightly to discuss morning/middle of night wake-up plans. I can just hear them (in my fantasy they both speak in complete sentences, of course: OK, so who's getting up first? No, me!) Because it feels like invariably, when one sleeps in, the other is up at good old 5 a.m.-ish. Not so good.

This morning at 4:15, poor Leo woke up with some shall we say, leakage problems. I attended to them quickly and quietly and pretty much in complete darkness (still not sure how I pulled that off). So imagine my surprise and delight when he was back asleep in no time (I thought for sure he would be up for the day since it's close to his beloved 5 a.m.).

And then I heard the little girl wails. I brought her into bed with us and she was sweet and cuddly and playful. Of course there was no discussion on her part to go back to sleep.

So now I'm running on some serious fumes.

I leave you with Leo the Sleeping Pretzel:



I should document the positions I find him in for a glossy coffee table book. I assure you it would be riveting and thought provoking, as well as infinitely puzzling (how does he do it?)

And also, look closely. Is that a pony tail you see? (Look very closely as Ellie's hair happens to be almost the exact same color as our cabinets and floors!)




A real (little) pony tail? This is big. She won't let me do barrettes. She's not quite hairy enough for two pig tails. At this point I'll take what I can get.

Forgive me for this last one. No pony tail is visible. It's just some garden variety gratuitous cuteness.



Don't know where she got this thin, wispy little hair. None of my Jew-Fro for our girl. Yet.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Jew-fro! Hee. That IS a precious ponytail, though.

I stared at the sleeping pretzel boy for a while; trying to figure out just exactly how he got himself in that predicament. Maybe that explains the early waking?

Sleep's better over here too...no one is waking in the night anymore. They just get up at 5:30 or 6 on the weekends; however, on school days, they prefer to sleep in until 6:30 or so. I'll get 'em back one day...just wait until they're teenagers. They'll be rising with the sun whether they like it or not. It's thoughts like this that keep me going through the exhaustion. I hold a grudge.