He apparently "ran away" at recess. A first.
Honestly, I'm shocked it hasn't happened before. He runs away from me almost daily and it's one of the things that scares me most about him. He's much MUCH better than he used to be, but I swear Leo's impetuousness has turned me into a bit of a paranoid mom. I feel like I have no choice, if I'm going to keep him safe.
Anyway, I don't know what daycare and school do to the kids all week but by Friday afternoon they are Thanksgiving turkeys-stick-a-fork-in-them-they-are-done.
And Friday night bedtime (from which I have just returned)? A bit like a battlefield.
I had an unexpected day off today. I assuaged any guilt I had for taking Ellie to daycare (no guilt about sending Leo to school-the guy is kicking you know what there and is doing way better things in kindergarten than he would do at home with little old me) by being pretty productive. As much as I try to relax when I the kids are not home, I find myself a little "deer in headlights," so overwhelmed by the possibility of accomplishment that I end up freezing, not knowing where to start.
Grocery shopping seemed a good beginning and doing it without kids? Well there's just nothing like it.
I never thought the day would come that strolling around Costco and Target by myself with a large cup of coffee would feel decadent and luxurious, but this is my life. And at Target, I bought NOTHING fun (they were all out of the one, adorable orange shirt I wanted to get Ellie), heck, I wouldn't have had to buy anything, in fact would have paid someone just for the privilage of not being bothered by anyone. It is a rare, beautiful thing.
But it almost feels too easy. It's like I've grown accustomed to the whining, squirming, bickering twosome.
Doing almost anything alone now, well it kind of feels like cheating.
No comments:
Post a Comment