Halloween is over and it’s apparently Christmas, did you know? At least according to Midtown Manhattan. The Radio City Christmas tree is up and and the pretzel/hot dog vendors have their little carts regaled in Santa hats and twinkling white lights. Life is passing by at an uncomfortable speed and I want to put the brakes on and enjoy, because no question, October to December is my absolute favorite time of year.
In other news, the only realistic blog I have in my right now is bullets, so here goes:
-Ellie continues with the nightly bedtime hilarity. It seems that every other night she plumb passes out with the help of her ballet shoes music box and a long backrub. But the nights that she doesn’t? She is often in and out of our room a half a dozen times with various comments and requests. Mostly, she just has to tell us again that she loves us, which, as I’ve said before, how can you argue with this?
-Monday night, however, she ventured beyond the second floor and scared the heck out of me when the little stealth Ninja silently, snuck up on me as I washed dishes at the kitchen sink. She said “Hi Mommy.” And when I gasped and jumped three feet, I thought she was going to burst into tears. She couldn’t figure out how she could have scared me.
-Thirty minutes after the sneaking-up-on-me incident, Ellie knocked on our bedroom door to give Erin her watch (which she had found in the bathroom). This was after she tried to stuff it under our door. It just cracks me up how she knocks on our door.
-Ellie now has homework. She’s three. I think it’s a little silly but oh well. Apparently many of the parents have requested it. It’s just little worksheets. She knows a lot of her letters and numbers but the actual writing of them is definitely new to her. But she’s very excited to settle down on Saturday mornings to do it and bonus: when she’s doing it Leo wants to do his, so that works out well.
-Leo has an amazing imagination. He sees “stairs” in the shape that he’s bitten pizza. The other night he declared the tortellini he was eating for dinner looked like a pirate hat (and you know what? He was right). And of course, he put the little tiny tortellini pirate hat on his head (not all of his imaginative observations are food related, I assure you, these are just recent ones).
-Leo says “bless you” when someone sneezes. He’s really quite a polite child. I love it. He’s also started saying “Here you go” when he gives you something.
-In shopping news, how cute is that whale sweater up there? I spotted this at Forever 21 (not a store I frequent, in fact I have never even been in one) which I ventured into on my way to work this morning. This sweater reminds me of 1983 and I love it. Unfortunately the extra small would be huge on Ellie but mental note to check back there again when Ellie is a little bigger.
4 comments:
I shop at Forever 39.
WAIT, parents of three year olds are REQUESTING homework? I'm sorry. That is nuts.
Do three year olds have the small motor skills for a proper pencil grip? Oy vey. As someone who teaches multisensory reading/spelling/handwriting I'm cringing.
Love the "daily report."
The little details worth savoring.
Small delights culled from the blur that is our days,
our lives.
i swear i had that sweater in high school (the last time whales looked good splashed across my boobs) in navy, white and green. LOVED IT. was able to wear it about 2 days a year in phx.
sophie says bless you when someone burps, coughs or farts. never when someone sneezes. go figure.
i am SO BEHIND ON MY BLOG READING! i miss you guys!!!! and now sophie's taken to talking about "my friend leo in new york" so you might have a pen pal on your hands soon.... xo
Post a Comment