Friday, May 20, 2011

35 Weeks and Some Tears

I had my first real emotional (i.e. pregnancy/hormonal) meltdown yesterday, which, considering I hit 35 weeks today, is pretty good.
35wks
Ellie cried when I left her at school which rarely does anymore. That always puts me in a state and leaves me feeling guilty. It doesn't help that her well-meaning teacher blames everything on the fact that I'm pregnant.

And then, of course, there were some very First World problems, namely, the fact that Costco doesn’t open until 10 a.m. during the week here. I mean, really? I’d bet that fifty percent of their clientele has been awake since at least 7 a.m. I could have been shopped and home by 10 a.m. Also, I bought bananas, and I have no idea where they ended up--I just know they did not make it home with me.

But it was nothing a good cry and a sweet Origins goodie bag from Erin couldn’t fix. The best part was a scented rice-filled pillow that you microwave and put on your shoulders. It was absolutely made for my little eucalyptus fetish.

My right hand is now numb 100 percent of the time. The swelling is pretty bad. I’ve decided I am ready to not be pregnant but am not ready for the babies yet. Not sure how that’s going to work out.

But. I’m in no hurry. I almost want to stop time right now. I get teary and my chest feels tight when I think of the enormity of what’s about to happen, how much things are going to change. I want to hold on to this simple time. I’ll never be pregnant again. I’ll never only have two children. The swelling, the itching, the tears. This is the easy part.

4 comments:

Karly said...

You look amazing. That belly is gravity defying. I'm sure it seems daunting to have those little ones on the outside, but hey, at least you can have a drink then, right?! ;)

Molly said...

You look beautiful. And what an incredible time this is. Just wanted to leave some well wishes and send some good thoughts your way. Hoping that you have a positive next few days/weeks before your family welcome the newest members :) Also, so there with the Costco hours.... what is with that????

krlr said...

Thinking about you guys! I always thought the last bit of time was the hardest too.

suz said...

About the itching - has your doctor ruled out cholestasis? My friend had it when she was pregnant with twins at about exactly the same gestation you are now and they induced early.