Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two Weeks, One Day

Look! Something other than babies!
elliehaircut0611
Ellie got a haircut. Nice and clean and short and sassy for the summer.
elliemanican0611
As we were leaving the mall where the hair salon is, Ellie insisted I take a picture of her in front of this "pink girl."
********************************************************************************************************************************
I'm feeling pretty good. I get a little "down" around 5 p.m. many days, as the wall of exhaustion hits me (yes, yes, I'm horrible about the whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing. I need to nap more). I dread a little the coming long night and the waking every two hours. Last night the babies took an unprecedented one and a half hour nap between 9 and 10:30 p.m. I should have slept too but instead I did pointless stuff like put away laundry and play on the computer. I was so tired that I really accomplished nothing though, didn't even successfully order diapers (too overwhelmed).

The babies are two weeks and one day old today. Little Lucy's umbilical cord is hanging on by a thread (my babies are already growing up--sniff!). I can already feel time fleeting by. I want to keep them squishy little newborns, even though I am beyond tired.

I had my two week OB check-up today. It was very slam, bam, thank you ma'am. The nurses oohed and ahed over the babies and I lost fifty pounds (yikes!) but other than that, it was pretty uneventful. It's weird to think how much time I spent going to appointments while pregnant with these babies and that's all over now. The pregnancy flew by. So much happened in the last nine months. We found it was twins in November, the weekend after Halloween. So there was fall and the incredibly snowy winter and the months and months (and months) of morning/ALL DAY sickness. There was a long winter break home with the kids, so nauseous it was all I could do to entertain Leo and Ellie, but I was so determined to give them a "fun vacation" since this would be our last winter break without babies, as a family of four.

And all along these two little people were with us, with me.
OldManHarry
lucy1
And now they are here. And it's like we've always known them, even though we've only just met.

No comments: