My mom and me in Paris, 1999. We Could. Not. Stop. Eating. Crepes. At the end of our trip we would buy a crepe every chance we had even if we weren't hungry, just because we could. Nutella, or swiss cheese and ham or just plain old "beurre sucre" (butter and sugar). This picture makes me smile every time I look at it. It's like a mugshot. The Crazy Crepe Eaters.
(Photo by Rick Regan)
Today she would have turned 61. Last year I had a lot more time and brain space to write a meaningful post (ah the days of uninterrupted blog writing). Every word of it still rings true today. Except of course for the now four grandchildren she never got to meet.
Gah.
Miss you and love you, Mom. Happy, happy birthday.
2 comments:
Thinking of you today -- what a great picture! Hugs & love ...
I'm so sorry she's not there with you today.
Post a Comment