
1. Ellie went to PreK today. By the time I get her there and pick her up she's at school for about three and a half hours. That's considered a "half-day." Fastest three and half hours of my day.
2. Lucy found her tongue today. I didn't know it was possible to smile and stick your tongue out but wow. Cuteness.
3. I'm pretty certain I have strep throat. Really hoping if I do that I'm the only one who has it. Going to the doctor tomorrow.
4. The season finale of "Breaking Bad" was awesome. I just watched it. I'm not usually one for gore but that was pretty freaking cool.
5. The only thing I miss about Brooklyn is good take-out. We have two options here in suburban New Jersey. Pizza and Chinese. Not a huge fan of either (or at least bad versions of the two). In case you were wondering, we had bad Chinese tonight.
6. I ran out of dog food and made the dog brown basmati rice which (surprise!) didn't seem to do it for her. But if she barks and wakes up four children I cannot be trusted with what I might do. I will never forget to buy dog food again. She really wants some of this Chinese food. Even though it's bad.
7. Ellie and I went to Saks Fifth Avenue today to return something (not a place I frequent, believe me, but I had a gift card) and Ellie wanted me to buy purple glittery Christian Louboutin platform heels. They were $425. I was dressed a little shlubby (at least for Saks standards) but the salespeople were very nice to us, I think, because the babies were putting on a cute show.
8. I hate homework. Leo used to do his homework at after care and word has it, he was a good sport about it. Of course he was. He saves all of his antics for us. Since I'm home on maternity leave right now, we do it as soon as he gets home (to get it out of the way). He comes off the bus all smiley and happy and then he gets in the door and remembers homework and becomes grumpy. We get through it, but it's not always pretty. The fact that the babies are usually flirting with witching hour during homework time does not help our cause either.
9. We moved the babies out of our room last week and I have to say it is so wonderfully awesome to have our bedroom back. It feels just a little bit normal again: we can read, watch TV, fold laundry, without tiptoeing around (nursery tour to come once I can get some good photos).
10. I have to fill out this Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales Parent Rating Form for Leo's upcoming school evaluation and oh I am procrastinating. Hate that thing. Although, some of the questions are sort of funny: "[does the student] understand that others do not know his thoughts unless he or she says them." I have got to make time for this form. Did I mention it takes me seemingly forever these days to accomplish a single task? Oh look, I can't even make it to twenty-one. To be continued.
3 comments:
I can't believe you didn't buy those shoes. They're a necessity!
If it makes you feel any better, today was a half-day for both my kids (teacher meetings or some such nonsense) and they got takeout pizza for lunch and takeout Chinese for dinner. It is not the best week around here.
oh, and we ran out of dog food, but Scott did a late run to the store. Nice of him. Also, they sell beer, and we were out of that too.
Am I crazy for loving those shoes? oooohh, SPARKLY!
Post a Comment