Sunday, October 17, 2010

Conundrum Status

With plans to go sort of DIY Superman for Halloween this year (Leo has a cool cape already and several Superman Ts to choose from--all that was needed were some blue leggings) Ellie and I hit the mall this morning to complete Leo's look. But first, Ellie got a Louise Brooks bob (pictures to come) and then we headed to the usual suspects in search of the needed Man of Steel pants (Gap Kids, A Children's Place, Macy's). And yes, I'm pretty sure Superman totally shops at those stores.

Nothing.

On a whim I decided to hit Old Navy on the way out, even though we were in jeopardy of being late for our play date. Well, it was hard to justify spending $19.99 on the "perfect" blue leggings (which I did spot) when I found this ensemble, on clearance for $4.99!

Often, it's for the best when you don't find what you want, because sometimes, you find something even better. Ah, little life lessons from the mall.

1 comment:

amy said...

never underestimate the power of a retail miracle.