Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Photo Evidence

Sorry if this is too graphic for the squeamish but I wanted to post a picture of Leo's mystery abrasion. Amy made a good point. Our kids' skin is so sensitive, it's possible that it was a minor little scrape that just flared into something a bit more dramatic. And she's right about another thing, I find Leo's wounds (whatever they might be) often take a l-o-n-g time to heal.


Onto happier photos, namely, cute kid art.

Get it? March comes in like a lion...

and out like a Lamb.

Leo made this (not sure how much of it he actually made but I still think it's sweet). It's a mask, with the lion on one side and the lamb on the other. I imagine he put the cotton balls on and also painted.

Oh and happy April. No foolin'. (Seriously though, how did it get to be April?)

And to continue the non sequitur photo series...
There was an unexplained request to take a shirt off during dinner last night.

They don't call her Ellie Belly for nothing!

4 comments:

Cate said...

Oh, youch. That looks terrible! I hope he isn't bothered by it.

We have paper plate lion/lamb puppets too. I love preschool art.

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I would probably take Carly to the doctor to ease my mind. Of course, I know I make her doc nuts, but hey....that's me!

Joany
Carly (Ds 1/2/02)

My name is Sarah said...

I like your lion and lamb.

Unknown said...

Oh dear. Yes, that's pretty bad. It's what we call a "hot spot" in our house (a la what the dog gets -- I know that's not very PC but it's just what it's like!). Hard to tell from a photo but I STILL say don't beat yourself up, I bet on a typical (I hate that word) kid it would have been much less of a scrape.

On the bright side, Leo looks EXACTLY like you in that photo!!!