I don't have anything very profound to say. It's Friday. I'm tired. We made it through another week and it was a lovely Friday night. I broke out the new Disney Princess Sing-A-Long DVD that arrived in the mail last week and I can honestly say the house has not been as quiet as it was while Leo and Ellie watched that (and yes, I've become a bit of a Princess Enabler. What can I say?). They were completely enchanted. At least temporarily. I honestly think Leo likes Princesses now because he sees how happy they make Ellie.
For dinner I made grilled cheese sandwiches with Swiss cheese and turkey and apples (from picking last weekend, we still have a TON) and cranberries and dijon mustard. OK the kids had plain old grilled cheddar if I'm going to be perfectly honest here. We let the kids eat their sandwiches in front of the TV which always elicits shrieks of joy and jubilation. Hey, it's Friday night.
I can't describe the feeling of peace and contentment that falls upon me on Friday evenings when we finally arrive home. We pull up to the house and no lights are on and I know that inside it's a bit of a wreck and there are piles and piles of laundry to be done and then folded and put away and rugs to be vacuumed and floors to be swept but no matter. Because we get to be home for two straight days and the most that we have to do is swimming class for Leo on Saturday and a play date on Sunday and throw in some coloring and Play Doh and raking leaves (jumping in leaf piles). I also need to do a lot of baking or cooking or both, requiring apples.
After the kids go to bed there will be magazines and books and wine and maybe a movie. And of course, Scrabble on my iPhone (it's an illness, truly). And oh yeah, those chores but they never go away. We'll get them done. Or we won't.
It's just nice to be home.
1 comment:
OMG the princesses. you've totally caved! ha!
(WWF is not an illness! we're keeping our brains sharp. it's healthy.)
Post a Comment