“Well, you know Leo is very special,” began Mrs. L. at this morning’s early morning parent-teacher conference.
I rolled my eyes and giggled a little, “Yeah, special, I’ll say!”
Hey, a little humor never hurt anyone, that’s my motto.
“No, really,” Mrs. L. continued, reaching over to touch my arm. “Really.”
So the first good news is that in spite of Mrs. L's accolade, I managed to not cry (happy tears) at this term’s parent-teacher conference. Leo is doing well. Handwriting is progressing; math is going well. He’s apparently a master colorer (this is big in terms of hand writing). Socially, he appears to have broken up with his little girlfriend (ah, young love) but is good buddies with a boy in his class named Terry.
His favorite subject appears to be social studies. He reportedly enjoys listening to a lesson and then answering questions about what he’s learned (he’s that wiggling kid in the front row with his hand always up, says Mrs. L, which I love).
Of course the transitions we struggle with at home are nowhere to be found at school, which is wonderful (I’d rather he behave at school and fall apart at home but still, sure doesn’t make our lives any easier). The noise sensitivity he displayed last year seems to have dissipated so that’s good. He’s starting on the Edmark spelling program, which will mean his homework is a bit more time consuming, so we’ll see how that goes. And he’s going to have weekly spelling tests which for some reason is exciting to me.
But perhaps most importantly, I learned that Mrs. L. prefers tea over coffee, making my holiday gift preparation much easier this year.
And, pictured above, my little drummer boy, just because.
2 comments:
Leo Rocks! I had to smile at the tea comment, too. I've been making mental notes about what colors the teachers like to wear, so I'll know what color to do their scarves in.
ahhhhh!!!!
and: at least it was diet 7-Up, not diet coke. or beer.
and: i so get the car seat conundrum on so many infuriating levels!
Post a Comment